Well finally made it on here!

Files that don't belong to another forum (like sounds found on the web)
<Files from older threads in this forum have been moved to the archive>
audioman
Kingpin

Well finally made it on here!

Post by audioman »

Hi all, well finally got onto the yeppie org forums. Great job so far Yeppie! I mainly wanted to let you all know that there have actually been a few good files posted over at the alt.binaries.sounds.erotica newsgroup. Me and a few other folks are trying to bring that back to life a little. This is in no way intended to compete with or cause problems for Yeppie or his site. In fact I hope it may help to ease up his bandwidth a little by providing an alternative place for people to download stuff. I have posted a few files over there from sexsoundlovers and intend to post a few more, giving credit to the original authors of course. I see no problem with this because that group was essentially a public forum where anyone could join and have access to the files. However since this is a semiprivate group I will not put any files up over there that I download from here without permission from the poster. On the contrary anything good I get from there that I am pretty sure is new I will be happy to put up here. Anyhow if somebody cannot access the newsgroup and would like me to post the files here I will, otherwise let's try and save yeppie's bandwidth and just get them there.

This has the makings of a great community let's keep it going!

Regards,

The Audioman
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Wellcome back, Audioman!

there is nothing wrong with posting at the abse newsgroup, a rebirth would be great. you may post my soundfiles over there without asking. if this helps letting more people know about our little community, that
audioman
Kingpin

re: finally made it on here!

Post by audioman »

[quote="yeppie"]Wellcome back, Audioman!

there is nothing wrong with posting at the abse newsgroup, a rebirth would be great. you may post my soundfiles over there without asking. if this helps letting more people know about our little community, that
audioman
Kingpin

tried to post some files

Post by audioman »

[quote="yeppie"]Wellcome back, Audioman!

yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

4 questions:
how did you do it?
can i help?
anyone else having similar problems?
who knows another question?
audioman
Kingpin

Post by audioman »

yeppie wrote:4 questions:
how did you do it?
can i help?
anyone else having similar problems?
who knows another question?
Ok, to answer your questions, I started a message with a brief description of the file I was going to upload. I then went down to the place where you put the filename and description and clicked on the filename box to choose the file, this went fine. I then put a small description below that and clicked attach file or whatever that button is. It seemed to be working e.g. it sat there for quite some while with an "opening" message on the status line, then it refreshed the page with the "no posting method" message. I did not know what further action to take so I gave up for the moment.

Not sure if you can help but if you have any ideas I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks lots.

Regards,

The Audioman
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

no, i don
learnhownow
Kingpin

Post by learnhownow »

Maybe try again, with a short .wav file?
audioman
Kingpin

Post by audioman »

Well tried the damned thing again and it did the same thing, I chose the file name and so on as I described before and clicked the add attachment button. It sat there for a long while, then brought up the page that said "no posting method specified." These files are rather big though so yes I will split one up and try it again.

Thanks for that suggestion.

Regards,

The Audioman
learnhownow
Kingpin

Post by learnhownow »

Hmmm. The standard limit is 5mb, and yeppie can lift it if necessary. Last resort, you can email it to him.
Dumb question I'm sure, but you were attempting to upload to one of the threads where it is authorised, correct? Please don't take offense at the question, as I have done worse :lol:
byee,
LHN
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

at the moment, the limit is (temporarily) set to 8mb. have not tried if that file size works, as i don