Having a nightmare, zero luck.

For your questions and ideas regarding this group
Luckypierre05

Having a nightmare, zero luck.

Post by Luckypierre05 »

I've been staying in this hotel in Spain for a week now. Can't get a single catch. What's going on? Tried walking the corridors etc at different times and still zero luck, must of found the only :roll: hotel with no action or just getting something wrong. Any ideas.
edtraveller

Re: Having a nightmare, zero luck.

Post by edtraveller »

Find a way to follow couples and plant a mic. If you don't have a hide-able mic, walk past the rooms you've identified every 15 minutes as opposed to covering the building. That's why I use black or white USB mics with sticky tape to hide or blend. Considering most encounters last 10 minutes or less, Odds are really against your hearing in person. Great when it does, but I am fond of hidden mics because walking with enough frequency is harder than it sounds both physically and with regard to running into the same people, security patrols, etc.
πŸ§”πŸ‘±β€β™€οΈ=πŸ›=πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«β€πŸ’“πŸ’—πŸ’“πŸ’ž=πŸ˜–πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ₯΄=πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ« =🀰=πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘Ά
edtraveller

Post by edtraveller »

And sometimes a hotel just won't produce. Beirut and Rome I got nil. Beirut I didn't even try because I was too paranoid. Rome, I picked a boutique hotel, but most of guests were British retirees and a mom-daughter. No young couples.
πŸ§”πŸ‘±β€β™€οΈ=πŸ›=πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«β€πŸ’“πŸ’—πŸ’“πŸ’ž=πŸ˜–πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ₯΄=πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ« =🀰=πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘Ά
physicist
Knight

Post by physicist »

gekko1 wrote: ↑31 Jul 2017 15:54 And sometimes a hotel just won't produce. Beirut and Rome I got nil. Beirut I didn't even try because I was too paranoid. Rome, I picked a boutique hotel, but most of guests were British retirees and a mom-daughter. No young couples.
Cheap hotels or couple's hostels guarantee results in Europe. Especially those in a city center. Boutique hotels can be hit and miss because its mostly for grown ups with money. Not for young couples who are student backpackers on student loans :p
edtraveller

Post by edtraveller »

Ahhhh.. should have consulted you beforehand! Here in USA, there are those boutiques too, but then there are those like the one I frequent that purposefully appeal to younger people out for drinking and sex.

Here since I travel and have relationships in all the major cities, I will ask my reps that if I am coming back to their city, which hotels are best for couples and are more adult oriented - where we won't likely be a burden to families. That and sites that are descriptive. Word of mouth is best source. Next month I have a promising stay in San Diego that someone who used to work in the hotel industry told me matches how I described where I stay near home. No guarantees, but always trying to increase the odds. Will be during the work week, but during summer, San Diego is populated over the week with honeymooners and tourists as during weekends/holidays..

Have to admit, Wisconsin really surprised me with their culture..
Last edited by edtraveller on 31 Jul 2017 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
edtraveller

Post by edtraveller »

Funny, Beirut is known for crazy night life - but after watching National Geographic's Locked up Abroad series, not being familiar with the country then, and going through severe customs (they are in a state of war with Israel still) and checkpoints traveling in the city, I did not want to do anything that would get me detained..
Was picturing myself coming back to the USA in 5 years like Michael Caine at the end of the Man Who Would be King.."poor Gekko1, who never did any of them harm.."
stev4181

Post by stev4181 »

I feel for you Pierre, I was away with work a couple of weeks ago and walked around s housing estate for hours. I kept bumping into the same old lady walking her dog, it got really difficult after the 5 or 6th time as it wasobviousi wasn't from around there. I just pretended to talk on my phone as if a friend was guiding me to their house. However an hour later and old lady was still walking her fkin dog. Needless to say I got absolutley nothing. However from now on I'm going to take gekko's advice and plant some recorders. In the past I have always tried to get the capture whilst I'm actually there but had no luck. A change of tactics is needed 😎
edtraveller

Post by edtraveller »

Avoid shiny, logo and silver ones. Go for black or white if you can.

And tape - don't forget double sided tape! 3M Acrylic is absolute best.

Exponentially expands your concealment/camouflage possibilities.
Luckypierre05

Post by Luckypierre05 »

Thanks for the help and support. Guess keep trying and invest in some new equipment and be better prepared next time.
edtraveller

Post by edtraveller »

Single most useful tools I have:

My HD is an Olympus LS-P2 - for doing High Definition under door recordings. Great piece, but there has been a learning curve with regard to tuning to the best possible settings. During good weather, I may someday even risk an outdoor concealment. You can research, but something this high end you want to get something that speaks to you personally.

Recorder:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2740X4?m= ... etail_page

I have 4 now and am adding a 5th. Most doorframes here in the USA are same white color. I have also mounted beside electrical outlet plates or sensors and totally looks like it belongs - have only lost this in days before tape. when laying it down somewhere. Since taping up camouflaged, have not lost one.

Same company sells dark gray (almost black) equivalent. Have three right now and that is plenty. Blends with bronze objects, some chrome if at the right angle and other things.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OS5WSLM?m= ... etail_page

Tape:
(one order will go forever - STRONG - so you want to carefully cut into smaller sections before applying)
Remove recorder from wall/doorframe by rotating left and right - make sure you have 1" clearance both side otherwise trying to pry straight off is a woman! Remove tape from recorder by just picking repeatedly with a thumbnail - will come off in a tight roll.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HA ... UTF8&psc=1
AaronSlory

Having a nightmare zero luck

Post by AaronSlory »

Good luck bro, always thought of the what if celtics dynasty with bias and lewis
LeStanf
Kingpin

Post by LeStanf »

I agree with Gekko, corridor walking is rarely fruitful because most couples' sex doesn't last all that long, so the chances of walking past the right room at the right time are pretty slim. Better to spot the couple elsewhere in the hotel and then identify their room number.

Besides, who wants to spend their evenings walking around hotel corridors? It's pretty boring to do and attracts attention.
emmpet8
Knight

Post by emmpet8 »

LeStanf wrote: ↑02 Oct 2017 00:54 sex doesn't last all that long
Not hotel related, but amused me to hear that, as I'm starting to wonder if sex is totally going out of fashion where I live.

The house next door to me is multi-let and tenants cook in their rooms, so tend to have windows open quite a lot. I did catch a brief session or two over a month ago (posted), but in spite of recording hundreds of hour since then, I haven't heard another hint of sex. Later, I've got another 12 hours to listen through from last night, but not hopeful.

Maybe they've all taken a vow of celibacy????