502 Gateway message

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
Sktlr
Kingpin

502 Gateway message

Post by Sktlr »

There are a number of threads in which I can't seem to be able to post due to the Bad Gateway thing.

I can't even click onto the Bad Gateway thread because I get a Bad Gateway message.

Can someone sort this out? I can't put my recordings up.
d2009sd2009s
Kingpin

Re: 502 Gateway message

Post by d2009sd2009s »

Try to clean cookies in your browser. Sometimes it helps (for me).
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

If just cleaning your cookies doesn´t work: I usually experience the same problem after visiting a lot (30+) of threads/pages in the community or the archive. After closing and reopening all my browser instances, the Bad Gateway message has disappeared.
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

I just talked to (another) expert and he told me this:
The problem is with the browsers.... It's related to cookies... cookies are stored due to excessive visit of pages....
You must ensure your users to refresh the page by command CTRL+F5 .... or delete the cookies from their browsers...
So let us try CTRL+F5 (in some languages it is STRG+F5) the next time the problem occurs. And please report if this helps.
Nevertheless I will research further ...

Edit: Well, it didn´t work for me :-( but please try yourself. The expert is at work again ...
Edit 2: What worked is deleting all Cookies for the website (in my browser settings) and then refreshing the site. This is what the expert talked about but in a more inconvenient way than "CTRL+F5".
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Final instruction :)

After visiting a number of pages in the archives you might encounter an error message saying "502 Bad Gateway". This problem is browser related and not yet solved. But there is a pretty good workaround:
Please delete all Cookies for the website "sexsoundlovers" (in your browser settings) and then refresh the site. You might need to login again