Audtion CC interpolation

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
kevi07

Audtion CC interpolation

Post by kevi07 »

Guys,

I have an issue. Take a look at this picture.

I recorded an audio file with my phone and end up with a file that looks like this in Audition CC.

Is anyone can help ? Looks like the file has been recorded properly but some time to times there is part of the file missing.

I am thinking about interpolation. Analyzing the song before and after the cap and try to recreate something. Is that possible to do that in Audition CC ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emmpet8
Knight

Re: Audtion CC interpolation

Post by emmpet8 »

Before I make any comments regarding Audition a word of caution. Whenever I work on any video or audio, I always make copies and work on them, just in case things go awry. It's not essential, but it might be worth doing that.

To fully help, more detail about what it was you recorded and what the recording came from would be useful. It would also help if the capture from Audition showed the timeline at the top, to give an idea of how long the breaks are. Might also help a little if the frequencies were shown on the right. In other words the big picture.

Looking at the image supplied, I would question what has happened. Did the recording actually stop where the gaps are, or are the gaps a fault of the recording medium and maybe it's all there, but with the gaps? If that was the case and you wanted to try to recover it, try zooming in time and just deleting the gaps. Audition does a good job of disguising breaks, although it would be worth trying to be as accurate as possible, hence the reason for zooming in.

As for interpolation in Audition, I'm assuming you mean inserting stuff. If that's the case, it's very easy in Audition. Just use the Time Selection Tool and copy/paste. If you're inserting sound from other sources, open them all, as it's not a problem copy/pasting from one file to another.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you were asking for, but hope some of that might help. If it does and you need more detail about how to do anything I've talked about, just ask.
kevi07

Post by kevi07 »

Actually, I used my phone to record something. It was a discussion. Some people discussing together. Here is a much more accurate picture. The file is 3 min 42 long.

About interpolation, I was thinking more about Audition cc trying to recreate this more than me copy/paste part of the file.

EDIT: Is this can happen when you record through doors? Maybe my phone to close from the door. If not it might my phone that is not good quality. Maybe I should buy a recorder?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emmpet8
Knight

Post by emmpet8 »

Thanks for the extra info. Looking at the picture again, my best bet would be that the mic is cutting in and out, or the recorder itself is cutting in and out, but still staying in record mode, hence the breaks with no sound at all. I can't imagine it's anything to do with recording through a door, as there would at least be ambient sound for the total recording. As can be seen for many sections in the Spectral Frequency Display.

As for interpolation, I have no idea how Audition could do what you want it to do. If it was me, I would delete the silent sections.