Ridiculous hotel reviews

This is the place for general talk (not necessarily sexsound-related)
Justferfuun

Re: Ridiculous hotel reviews

Post by Justferfuun »

LeStanf wrote: 27 Jan 2018 19:40 Brilliant review! I checked out the link and it seems from other reviews that this is a pretty rowdy place - no doubt a good location to get some easy captures.

Mind you, it is a Travelodge, a cheap hotel chain that I try to avoid at all costs. Not so sure that the sacrifice of spending a night in the place is worth the benefit of making a few captures of drunken couples.
Love the Travel Lodges. Used to take my own sheets lol but my ear was ALWAYS glued to the wall. ♥️
cruzsilva
Knight

Post by cruzsilva »

sndprv wrote: 04 Mar 2018 20:14 StripAdvisor! Couple, 23 and 26, PAID to have sex in luxury hotels across Australia write the ultimate lovers' travel guide - and their VERY detailed diary will leave you blushing

18 February 2018
An Australian couple has been paid to visit luxury hotels and write about their intimate experiences in each one.
Jessica D'Argent, 23, and her boyfriend Justin Engelke, 26, won a competition to cross the country for an erotic travel blog called Places of Intimacy.

They were treated to 14 nights at boutique hotels in Sydney, Melbourne, Byron Bay, Tasmania and Western Australia - and each penned their own erotic reviews as they went.

Detailing their stay at The Atlantic in Byron Bay, Mr Engelke said: 'The highlight of our room was the outdoor rainfall shower head and swing chair hanging from the roof. The chair was a perfect height and an invitation for us.
yeh prob is this couple left their detailed stay after they ploughed in for the night not before. if i had known which frickin hotel they had stayed before i wouldbe handled these affairs down under in the land down under
sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

I read this review a long time ago, but I just have to share it because it's just so funny. It isn't
'ridiculous' at all, it's brilliant! So good, in fact, that there was an article in a local paper
about it. (And, yes, I have stayed there.)

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev ... gland.html :lol:

The place has character, I'll give it that

I had the pleasure of staying at the Britannia Hotel Birmingham in April 2015 and I must say: it was a delightful experience that I will certainly never forget.

The Britannia Hotel has taken the simple task of using the lift and added a fresh new twist that’s not afforded by any of the other, more boring hotels; they’ve cleverly introduced an element of chance to the whole experience. Alongside the thrill of thinking: “will I/won’t I live whilst riding this rickety death trap”, you can also play an exciting game of: “will this lift stop at the correct floor?” Two of my fellow passengers on this ornate box of doom hit the jackpot when the lift stopped exactly at the floor they’d selected. Imagine then, my surprise, and that of my fellow passengers, as we were taken to the floor above our intended target.

If you think having to walk a flight of stairs sounds inconvenient, then fear not. The Britannia Hotel Birmingham has sought to make up for the inconvenience afforded to you by your lift mishap by kindly propping open each and every fire door on your floor so you don’t have to worry about things like: looking silly as you accidentally try to push a pull door; or, living in the event of an emergency.

As I approached my room, I had high hopes. I could see by the repairs to the door (which was, unusually for this hotel, closed) that some keen soul had previously been so unable to contain their excitement at getting into this suite that they had, in fact, kicked it in. As my other senses caught up however, I could tell by the powerfully pungent odour that a far more likely explanation was that it had been kicked in simply to investigate the possibility of a corpse in the room,

Clearly there was no corpse and yet, the mystery smell lingered. It could have been one of many things: one of the numerous stains on the carpet; one of the numerous stains on the floorboards where the carpet had worn away; the unflushed toilet; the brown in the bath; whatever that stuff is that’s keeping the bottom drawer of the night stand stuck shut; or, perhaps it was just the rotten stench of the owner’s attitude towards their guests.

Thankfully though, it could have been much worse. Fortunately for me, I’d booked a non-smoking room. For the uninitiated, the difference between a smoking room and a non-smoking room in the Britannia Hotel Birmingham is thus: a smoking room is a room where you are permitted to smoke; a non-smoking room is a room where you are permitted to smoke as long as the window is open. I decided against taking up smoking in order to mask the smell of death, but settled on leaving the window open nonetheless as it not only saved me from possible asphyxiation, but also allowed me to drift off to the tranquil sounds of drunken Johns bartering with prostitutes in the alley below.

Whilst the entertainment system wasn’t state of the art, in truth, I found I had very little need for it. I was far more entertained by watching the microbes spread before my very eyes on the period decor and the flea circus I became ring-master of whilst in the room.

I will no doubt be back, as The Britannia Hotel Birmingham is the ideal place to take my child when they come of age. After all, what better way to deter a teenager from a life of drugs, than to show them the sort of place that they could potentially end up in. This is, quite frankly, the closest thing to a crack den I’ve ever stayed in.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Room Tip: Try to stay in a room that's not in this hotel.
"BE YOUR OWN LEADER, YOU FEEBLE BERK!" -- 1980s London graffiti
sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

Speak of the devil:

'A filthy hovel' - Britannia named worst UK hotel chain eight years running

Video review of a Britannia hotel in Brighton:

Last edited by sndprv on 21 Feb 2021 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

Who's ever heard of a hotel with a see-thru mirror inside some of the rooms?
I haven't, until now...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev ... evada.html

Sex dungeon room

We loved this hotel and all it’s amenities. The staff is very friendly and on their A game.
The club is fabulous, DJ Esco was too fun. However I did not know this was a kinky sex themed
hotel when I booked it for a family vacation. The mirror in the shower is just a glass you can
see through FYI, found that out the hard way. LOL!
At least we got a good story out of it.
We wound definitely stay there again just not as a family.

Two way mirrors

We visited this hotel on the 3rd to 6th December. I had read an earlier review which commented
on the noise from the night club at the top of the building and thought they may have exaggerated
it a bit. They had not we were 3 floors below the club and the bass was shaking the walls, good job
a power cut shortened the experience.

I asked to be moved the next morning and was told the rooms were dark in character and that none
were available. I am not sure this was the case as the front desk girl seemed to be very laissez faire
with her attitude.

This was my third and last trip to Vegas and the accommodation I had before was light and roomy and
had a coffee maker

The flavour of the place was bordello in character and this was emphasized by the picture on the wall
being of lacy ladies and disguised guys. The place was furnished in leather type furniture which darkened
the place more than the bars on the windows. I was not sure if I was in a dungeon or a place of ill repute

No hairdryers or drinks machine in the room we asked about both and the hair dryer took over an hour to
arrive even though I told them my fiancee was standing there with wet hair. I eventually asked a lady making
up the next room for one and she organised it with 5 minutes.

My feeling of it being a bordello was heightened by the discovery on out last morning of the mirror in the
shower being two way into the bedroom and the discovery of an intimacy kit in the drawers
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

sndprv wrote: 20 Dec 2020 10:05 Who's ever heard of a hotel with a see-thru mirror inside some of the rooms?
I haven't, until now...
I always wanted to visit this one in Berlin but haven´t yet ... there is a spy mirror to the neighbor´s room :o

http://www.propeller-island.de/rooms_ne ... /index.php
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
reggind
Knight

Post by reggind »

I am actually more curious about the bath being a gigantic plastic bag. If you ever do go and check it out I hope we get a full report on it!
Broggie

Post by Broggie »

sndprv wrote: 29 Jan 2018 19:26 Oh the "horror" of discovering a sex toy under the bed, eh?
Reviewed 16 February 2017
laurenrwilliams
Northampton, United Kingdom

SEX TOY FOUND IN ROOM

We visited this hotel in January and I stayed here with my sister, in the morning when we were tidying up I checked
under the bed and found a SEX TOY. I was disgusted to think that the cleaners had not completely checked the room.
I spoke to the head office about this and they offered me a £20 vouchers for restaurants!!!! All I wanted was a refund
for my room. I asked that management called me back to ensure this was logged and no one bothered to call.
I ensured this was visible therefore the next customers did not have to endure the horror that I had to.
The room was clearly not cleaned and it is a concern to think about the overall hygiene of the hotel.
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND POOR HOUSEKEEPING.
Just another chancer looking for a free night.... bet there would have been no complaint if she'd found £50000 under the bed and wouldnt have left it either...... Cleaners have only so much time to do each room in these places.... some people are such fucktards....
sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

Discovered a YT channel called The Worst Hotel?, which only has three videos, but I was interested in the Birmingham one, because I've read reviews about it in the past while looking for a hotel to book for a visit to the city. I found that the dodgiest hotels were all generally located on that stretch of road heading west out from the city centre, and a few had even lower ratings than the one in the video.

At this point in the video (7:10), they overhear some sex sounds coming from one of the rooms next to theirs.

sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

sndprv wrote: 05 Dec 2020 22:30 Speak of the devil:

'A filthy hovel' - Britannia named worst UK hotel chain eight years running

Video review of a Britannia hotel in Brighton:

See what I mean? What did I say about fires in hotels? There's just been a fire in that very same hotel, look: