I flew too close to the sun.

Share your experiences
Mcfakerson862

I flew too close to the sun.

Post by Mcfakerson862 »

I was on a trip up North, meeting with some friends for a camping trip. On the way up, I was with a friend and we stayed at a mutual friend's house along the way. On my return trip, I was solo and booked a room purposely in an older hotel (thinner walls) in a somewhat busy tourist town on the way home. I checked in around 9:30-10:00pm and started my creeping, putting my ear against the wall. The room behind my headboard was dead silent, likely empty; but the room on the TV side, I could hear talking and giggling from what sounded like a younger couple. Jackpot.

Well I put the chair near the wall so I could wait and scope out the mood. I laid in bed but would check every few minutes for tell-tale sounds. Finally I heard her say, "well it's about bedtime" and then the TV turned down. This was what I had been waiting for, and I heard bits and pieces, but they were mostly quiet except for the occassional moan from her. At one point I heard him say "I'm gonna cum, where do you want it?" And then a bunch of rustling and I could hear sucking followed by someone getting up to the bathroom.

I checked a couple more times when I would get up for a drink or go to the bathroom. Every time I would hear what I thought was a moan from her, and I'd listen a few minutes and not hear anything else.

When I woke up in the morning I heard them up and about packing and getting ready. I tripped on the chair as I got up to the wall when I heard: "What the fuck! This person needs to get a life! I kept hearing him in that chair all night! I know he's just sitting there on the other side. Get a life dude! Go out and meet people or something." I felt very ashamed, I thought I was quiet, and that there had been no way they heard me. The chair apparently made enough noise to hear next door. It dawned on me that the later moans I heard were probably frustration from hearing the chair. Anyway, cautionary tail, make sure your surroundings are clear, step lightly, and don't let a casual fetish become an obsession that gets you in trouble.
Spots58

Re: I flew too close to the sun.

Post by Spots58 »

Adjoining rooms are a blessing and a curse. If you can hear them, they can hear you. Doesn’t mean you can’t listen and even enjoy yourself but you do need to be careful.

With building construction that allows sound to travel, my limited experience has taught me:

A room above is the easiest. You can get a good bed squeak and frame - to - floor grind but unless they are pretty vocal, not much else. You may be able to hear more with your ear to the wall or not. Good thing is, if you want to join in you can do so without worry (unless your loud on your own.)

Rooms below in my experience are better for vocals but less so for bed squeak & frame - to - floor noise. Wood floors no carpet you can hear a lot. But they below you can hear you moving around so if you drop to the floor to listen you better be careful and even handling yourself don’t get too carried away.

Rooms to the side present two issues: 1. which side (bed side or any other side) of your room is the sex coming from and 2. can you hear it well enough without putting your ear to the wall? The ideal situation is bed side and loud enough you don’t have to crawl the wall. You can just lie there and listen even join in and unless you’re really vigorous seeking your own release, they’ll be none the wiser.

And even if they realize you’re into it, so what? They’re in their bed doing their thing, you’re in yours doing you. I’d do it quietly, but they really have no cause to complain in my mind, at least.

If you’re in your room in your bed and have to crawl the wall, if their bed shares the wall, they’ll hear you both moving in your bed and against the shared wall. I think that unless they really want to be heard, they will think you are a creeper. If their bed doesn’t share the wall, they’ll hear less. But they’ll still be able to hear YOU in YOUR bed especially if you are up against the shared wall. In that case best to be out of bed when listening and even more so if doing yourself along with them.

If your neighbors are getting it on the other side of the wall which doesn’t also host your bed, it they are loud enough to hear without riding the wall, just get comfortable, listen & enjoy, but be quiet. If you must crawl the wall, if their bed is against it, that’s tough: pretty hard for them not to hear you, particularly if you are making some, uh… repetitive movements. If their bed is not against the common wall, better, but still, when you get on the wall, and as long as you are there, it might be clearly heard by the couple.

You also need to factor in whether these are strangers you are overhearing or friends / colleagues and where you are listening (i.e. hotel or friend’s house). If discovered, results could run from awkward to disastrous for several reasons.
catbird48

Post by catbird48 »

In some older hotels the electric plug box is matched by a box on the other side nearby or straight across. This means you might have to move a night stand and unplug a lamp and alarm clock. I have actually felt a breeze when the air conditioner kicks in from the other room.
breit78

Post by breit78 »

I think this is the issue with going for lower end hotels with absolutely no sound proofing.

I stayed in a hotel once where I could hear the guy next door move anywhere in his room, cough, sneeze, sigh, snore.

This creates problems because if you can hear your neighbors that clearly, they can hear you too, so its hard to listen on the wall.

Also this can cause problems, if the room next door is a couple, but next to them is someone else, whilst you may be quiet and not making noise to not distract them or let them know they can be heard on one side of them, if they start hearing their other side neighbors talking or moving around very clearly, then they may tone down their noises too.

Its also awkward with creaky floorboards, sometimes I'll pull a pillow to stand on/sit on next to the listening wall, and push my ear up against it very gently. If you move too quickly onto the wall, the neighbours may hear a "scratchy" noise on their wall, and overall I just try to make the least noise possible, I tip toe around, I don't flush the toilet, I close the door gently etc
Mcfakerson862

Post by Mcfakerson862 »

breit78 wrote: 18 Sep 2023 16:45 I think this is the issue with going for lower end hotels with absolutely no sound proofing.

I stayed in a hotel once where I could hear the guy next door move anywhere in his room, cough, sneeze, sigh, snore.

This creates problems because if you can hear your neighbors that clearly, they can hear you too, so its hard to listen on the wall.

Also this can cause problems, if the room next door is a couple, but next to them is someone else, whilst you may be quiet and not making noise to not distract them or let them know they can be heard on one side of them, if they start hearing their other side neighbors talking or moving around very clearly, then they may tone down their noises too.

Its also awkward with creaky floorboards, sometimes I'll pull a pillow to stand on/sit on next to the listening wall, and push my ear up against it very gently. If you move too quickly onto the wall, the neighbours may hear a "scratchy" noise on their wall, and overall I just try to make the least noise possible, I tip toe around, I don't flush the toilet, I close the door gently etc
Good tips! Live and learn for the next time. The wife and I have an anniversary trip coming up, hopefully I'll get some audio from us and another chance to discreetly listen for neighbors ;)
PetaJ
Kingpin

Post by PetaJ »

Excellent tips my friends
mateov
Kingpin

Post by mateov »

That is one thin well! Wow! I feel the awkwardness of that realization but at least nothing worse happened!