Did OVHS just die?

This is the place for general talk (not necessarily sexsound-related)
ShabbyKayak

Did OVHS just die?

Post by ShabbyKayak »

I just went to OVHS’s sub only to find this:

What the hell happened? When did it happen? Does anyone know?

Do you think the stated reason for banning it are the the real ones? If so, that really sucks.

There was a new NSFW gif sub I discovered months ago that I really liked. It was new and therfore has very small followwing, and 99% of the posts were made by the creator of the sub.

Within 2 weeks it was banned for the same reason. All because it had no mods. You can’t create a sub if you’re not gonna moderate it. That’s one of the reasons why I’ve never done it, it’s too much responsibility.

But OVHS has a quite a large following, 100K+ if not 200K+, so the idea that it was not moderated shocks me. There must be another reason. If no moderation was the issue, I would hope that the community reforms around a new sub that’s properly moderated.

I can’t even find other reddit subs talking about the fact that OVHS just disappeared.

After the loss of RARBG this is another terrible blow. The sex sounds community is already so small, which is why I vaeriety of sites are important.

If somebody has any info on what happen please share!
Game_Of_Skill

Re: Did OVHS just die?

Post by Game_Of_Skill »

This sucks big, the subreddit had decent amount of good recordings.
zevlas

Post by zevlas »

Damn that’s a shame. I was listening to some posts there yesterday.
Keysersoze73

Post by Keysersoze73 »

Yes i just discovered it. I was getting my daily dose and was unable to find it on reddit. I thought there was a bug but no. Sad day...
ShabbyKayak

Post by ShabbyKayak »

zevlas wrote: 03 Jun 2023 16:50 Damn that’s a shame. I was listening to some posts there yesterday.
So it literally happened mere hours ago. I really hope we find out what happened. :(
ShabbyKayak

Post by ShabbyKayak »

I see that there are currently 2 requests (1 & 2) to mod OVHS.
I hope these Redditors are successful, but I suspect they won’t be.

In the past, I have seen Reddit posts that according to the site were removed by the user but then I see that same user in the comments claim that they didn’t remove it. That it was either Reddit or the mods who did it instead.

All this is to say, it’s not uncommon for Reddit to take an action and claim it was done by OP when it wasn't, or in this current case, claim an action was taken for one reason, when in fact, it was taken for a completely different reason.

Either way, let’s see what happens in the next couple of days.

Last edited by ShabbyKayak on 04 Jun 2023 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
looplife4

Post by looplife4 »

In the meantime, has anyone got a collection of links to some of the more recent posts? I had used Reddit to save numerous posts but now I’ve lost all the links myself. :-/
ShabbyKayak

Post by ShabbyKayak »

Looks like someone started a new sub called r/OverheardSexAudio, for those who are interested. I also see that a third person has requested to mod the original OVHS.
Kokotina

Post by Kokotina »

ShabbyKayak

Post by ShabbyKayak »

Kokotina wrote: 04 Jun 2023 18:37 I made a supplemental subreddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/overheard_funt ... utm_term=1

Thanks. Here’s the current list of new sex sounds subs that have popped up since OVHS died so far:

r/OverheardSexxx
r/LoudSexCaught
r/OverheardSexAudio
r/Overheard_FunTime
ShabbyKayak

Post by ShabbyKayak »

OVHS Audio aka r/OverheardSexAudio, the main sub that was strongly in the lead to replace the original OVHS just got banned.
That was quick! It lasted less than 6 months.

I suspect that the launch of Reddit’s new look and the banning of OVHS Audio are not coincidental. Apparently, their IPO is happening soon.

The person who seems to be the owner of OVHS Audio (still needs to be confirmed) has created a new sub called OVHS Audio 2 aka r/OverheardSexAudio2. Let’s see how long this lasts.

I hope people who hate self recorded content will be more open to it now.

Thank God for SSL.
Last edited by ShabbyKayak on 10 Dec 2023 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Spots58

Post by Spots58 »

Other Reddit NSFW subs have been posting warnings and tightening up their rules. It is happening elsewhere as well.

I think there is going to be a HUGE crackdown on NSFW content not only on Reddit but just about everywhere on the 'net in the coming couple years. There have been a few rounds of such before, but what's coming is going to be much broader. Not saying I have the inside scoop, as there's been talk about this for awhile, but I've been very mindful of what has been going on in the broader socio-political-regulatory context.