isolate a voice

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
kolibri

isolate a voice

Post by kolibri »

Hello, I have a recording of a person giving a speech. Behind we hear more weakly a sex scene. What software to use to reduce the sound of the speech and amplify the sex voices behind?

Thank you for your suggestions , It's a WAW recording
emmpet8
Knight

Re: isolate a voice

Post by emmpet8 »

Personally I think it would be difficult, or at the least rather time consuming. If I was going to attempt it in Audition, I would use Spectral Frequency Display zoomed in, so the words from the speech could be seen. I would then use the Marquee Selection Tool to pick out each word and either reduce the volume or mute it. Having said all that I still doubt it would work, as any sex sounds at the same time as any words would also be reduced/ muted. Sad, but I don't think it would be worth the effort.

Maybe more technically minded members have some suggestions.
reggind
Knight

Post by reggind »

You could try something like demucs to isolate the voice, though I think the sex and the voice stream will not come apart well. You can find an on line version of demucs or something similar. There is also a thing called svoice, it is new and I have not found a good functional demo or got a model to make it run locally yet, but it shows promise in that it can listen to people "speaking" and do a bunch of things. Give you a time line of who is speaking when, but more importantly supposedly isolate the voices. Please let me know if you find a functional demo of this one. The code in on github and it is from facebook labs.
tripacer

Post by tripacer »

Man I hope these ideas work, i've been painstakingly attempting this myself.. demucs sounds promising
DavidInDurham

Post by DavidInDurham »

I have the same problem with my wife when she was cheating on me. She would often be having sex with her affair partner but the TV was on. You can hear something of them whispering to each other and sexual activity. I would like to isolate the TV and remove it but haven't been able to as I lack the necessary knowledge.
emmpet8
Knight

Post by emmpet8 »

Check out this new thread. It might help.

viewtopic.php?t=11693