Distance recorder or shotgun mic

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
samael669

Re: Distance recorder or shotgun mic

Post by samael669 »

am starting again this thread, I have a new question.
Yesterday, was busy in my garage, when I started to hear some kind of moaning on a strange rythme. I was curious so stoped to move around, and yes, at the end of the session, I am sur that was other side of the wall, a couple having sex. The fact is that couple leaving here has kids so I was curious how could them do, and how could I hear them across the wall of the garage...
I climbed upsterrs to see my GF and asked her, She answered that the garage is in fact stucked to the walls of thers living roome, and she was allso surprised, how could them have sex in the living room with kids around?

We both back to our occupations, and I decided to have a drink and get outside to do some phone calls for everydays life.
And..; I don't know if god exists, but if he (or they) do, they clearly want to answer my question. I saw a car stoping, kid geting out of it and saying "by grand-ma! see you next time!" the kids run in a house and answer my question. Can you imagine what house they went in? Yes clever mind, exactly in the house stucked to ours. So if am not mistaken, the parent sended the kids to grandma and enjoyed a small session together.
The fact is. The wall of the garage is enormous, it is not a inside wall like betwin two rooms, it is a outside wall... I don't know if a contact mic or other can work across it.
I have some other house around ours and maybe that can be good to just get outside and have a shotgun to listen around? I don't know (never mind that can be a interesting experience for a fan of noise and noisy experiences like me)
Can we have a kind of device capable of both usage like switching betwin shotgun and contact, with compatibility for jack 3.5 and my olympus recorder? a shotgun can't be plugged on my recorder and with all the setting inside that small olympus maybe I can set it to listen one sime stucked ona wall and next time in the air with differents settings?

Thank for answering my curiosity. And sorry for that time, the girl neigbour was very too low to be recorded, On the first look myself I was not sur that was a human's voice, the fact was that was realy like you know the good rythme, good frequencys, stoping and stating again, faster and faster, and at the end I clearly heared some yels like "enenenenenenh enenenenenenh!" so I am sur of what it can be, but sadly any kind of record will be not usable without the good mic to catch it.