Magnetic Audio Recorder (UK)

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
pumba_mike

Magnetic Audio Recorder (UK)

Post by pumba_mike »

I’ve been a member of this site for a good while now.

I want to start contributing and I’ve settled on the idea of getting some sort of magnetic recording device (it will work well in the situations I’m planning to use it).

Can anyone recommend something good quality that can be bought in the UK? Ideally I want to spend no more than £100 but if someone can recommend a great bit of kit for more I’ll consider most things.

Ideally the device would have encryption but it’s not a necessity.

I have stumbled across a few options but it’s very hard gauging what the recording quality will be like. I’m also very worried about viruses etc. This is a fairly niche market and these devices are being plugged into our computers to save files. I’m reluctant to trust a device that is from a brand I’ve never heard of being sold by some random seller on eBay/Amazon advertising it as “Spy USB Stick.”

UPDATE:

After a fairy bit of research I’ve stumbled across a device called the “Izyrec Mini.” It was recently crowd funded and seems to be well reviewed online. If can be ordered off Amazon.com with fast shipping to the UK. Has anyone got any experience with it as it seems to tick all my boxes including having a magnetic clip? Link: https://izyrec.com/
enigma63

Re: Magnetic Audio Recorder (UK)

Post by enigma63 »

Did you manage to get one delivered to the UK and if so how is it in use?