How to choose

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
Audiofreak

How to choose

Post by Audiofreak »

I travel quite a bit for work and spend a lot of time in hotels. I have listened and listened but have been striking out on getting a capture. I even have a listening devise that I can put up to the wall and hear two floors above mine. My question is how do you all pick a hotel that will produce some good sounds? Any help is appreciated!!
ps3fanboy

Re: How to choose

Post by ps3fanboy »

Its a crapshoot really. I've only had occasional luck during the week. Weekends can be a bit better, but location is still important. Hotels near downtown attractions are going to be better since couples will be more likely to be staying there on the weekends to enjoy a night on the town. Hotels near office parks and suburbs can dry up on the weekends. Problem is that weekend prices at downtown hotels can be super expensive and to me it isn't worth it since nothing is guaranteed.

I also have a theory that nowadays apps like Airbnb and Vrbo increasingly get more business from adventurous couples on weekends, instead of hotels.
Audiofreak

Post by Audiofreak »

I’ve been focusing on Hotels that are near major airports. I thought that would be my best chance.
hjames89

Post by hjames89 »

Audiofreak wrote: 25 Jun 2023 01:58 I’ve been focusing on Hotels that are near major airports. I thought that would be my best chance.
How has that been? Are you often lucky