We need some quality hints for good places to record

For questions and answers, notes, instructions, ideas, suggestions regarding good places to record
JohnGypsy

Re: We need some quality hints for good places to record

Post by JohnGypsy »

I do the same thing! I read through the reviews and look for people complaining about the "paper thin walls" and noise! Perfect!

My main thing now is just hoping that the place doesn't have hall cameras. Many of them still do not.

I'm noticing an odd trend through. More and more of the cheap places where sex is more likely now have cameras in the hallways! And the "higher end" (more expensive) places like a Holiday Inn that do NOT attract the "cheap place for sex" couples still have no cameras in the hallways (just at the entrances for safety).

So, it's becoming a bit of a hassle to find the type of hotel that is cheap enough to attract the sex couples but not such a bad neighborhood that they have had to add cameras everywhere! :)
futtock
Kingpin

Post by futtock »

I'm a newbie here but you might be interested in my general experiences from doing this for a few years.

The places I have had good success with have been fairly small places on the edge of town with lots of passing trade but the important things are hard floors and gaps under the doors. That said, I recently got an amazing couple of catches from a place with rubber insulation seals around the doors. I thought it would be a wash but went out anyway and the quality I got was amazing.

Avoid the big budget-hotel chains (Etap, EasyHotel etc.) as most of these do seem to have CCTV in the corridors. Slightly more upmarket chains don't (Ibis, Comfort Hotels, etc.) so I'm guessing that cams in the public areas - even discreet ones - make a place look unwelcoming to people who are happy to pay a little extra (not surprisingly!).

The other thing to watch for is that the hotel shouldn't be too full when you visit. Couples tend to be a lot more inhibited if they think someone is in the next room. So avoid peak times.

One last thing… Go pretty much anywhere in France. The French are totally uninhibited in bed and nearly all my best catches are from French-speaking couples. Which reminds me. Must get round to sharing them… ;)
LeStanf
Kingpin

Post by LeStanf »

I agree with other posters here that the Ramada Group hotels seem to be good locations for collecting sounds. I'm not really sure why, maybe it's because they're low price and so seem to attract younger couples.
Sam Sketchy

Post by Sam Sketchy »

This is my first reply anywhere, so hi everyone.

The Renaissance Harborplace Baltimore, unbelievably. I stayed there last month and though it is expensive (US $350 or so per night) the soundproofing is awful. Plus, the entrance to the hotel from the parking garage allows you up to the rooms almost totally unseen, meaning if you want to be secretive (cheaters and pros) you can be. Final advantage -- the room entries are tile, not carpet, so the sound carries into the hall relatively well.

The only downside is that they have the loudest climate system I've ever heard.
Jabberwocky75

Post by Jabberwocky75 »

Found this out totally by accident but The Sefton Hotel, Isle of Man. I have no idea what the designer was thinking but for our "hobby" it is a paradise. Imagine all the rooms are in a rectangle (NOT the sea view rooms - they are not as good). in the center of the rectangle is an indoor water garden, which as they turn the water features off at night EVERYTHING echoes... not only that, but the plants in the water garden are apparently what control the temperature of the hotel, and they like it warm, so everyone usually leaves their balcony doors open. Google the website for pics and you'll see what I mean.

I'm sure you are all wondering why I have no recordings of my 2 stays there, and there's a lesson to learn. If you leave your recorder on the balcony for sounds - and the sickener is there were quite a few (at one point three couples in separate rooms - like I said it's clear to record at night) - don't knock the damn thing off into the water feature the following morning. Lost it all and as only there that night no more opportunity :roll:

Oh well third time lucky and I will share with you all.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Yeah, that looks like paradise. You have to get there again. Period.

:-)
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
Jabberwocky75

Post by Jabberwocky75 »

Hopefully going over during the TT meeting. Means the hotel is full and not just of "shy" Brits so fingers crossed. This time I've got a waterproof cover for recorder so all good hopefully :lol:
sonar
Kingpin

Post by sonar »

ChocolateRideHer wrote:When Booking.com invites me to rate the hotel---I write how it is perfect for young couples
or people wanting a romantic weekend!!!!
And it's true!
The romantic experiences inspirating them more lot of romantic activity. ;)
Also you can try the "adult friendly" or "adults only" hotels.
(No children, no pets.)
In Hungary three are.
-Bükkös Hotel & Spa (12+)
-Imola Hotel Platán (16+)
-Duna Relax & Event Hotel (14+)
Ladies, your moans always bring me back to life.
Quadrophenia1

Post by Quadrophenia1 »

Bed and Breakfast in resort areas. Lots of THIN walls.
Jabberwocky75

Post by Jabberwocky75 »

Hmm. Now I know that these kind of articles are generally crap and click bait, but anyone around the Forest of Dean area in UK? Apparently it's an annual outdoor swingers event from 30th June to 3rd July. :wink:

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/700 ... sed-140616

Apologies if this kind of link isn't allowed, I will delete it (or just remove it).
Turmoil123
Kingpin

Post by Turmoil123 »

If you're like me and a new living situation has left you with no interesting neighbours and a new job has provided no opportunties for hotel travel, take to the outdoors! You'll be amazed what you can find if you look in the right place ;)
sonar
Kingpin

Post by sonar »

Ladies, your moans always bring me back to life.
HeWhoHsNoNm

Post by HeWhoHsNoNm »

Crazy on those types of cruises
Nuci79

Post by Nuci79 »

This one is for the germans especially...it´s called "fränkisches Seenland" and is about 50km southwest of Nuremburg...there a lotta nudists there and the way i heard it, as soon as the sun goes down, the fun starts 8) the crowd is mixed with young families, singles, couples etc...there is also a camping ground and a lotta wooded areas, where a catch might be possible...
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Thank you, Nuci ... I have been at one of the lakes in 2014 for two nights. Any specific place to recommend as the area is quite big? We might have to rent a spy satellite for audio surveillance ;-)
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults