Why do I have to log in twice each visit?

For your questions and ideas regarding this group
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Why do I have to log in twice each visit?

Post by sc0tt-uk »

Anybody else experiencing this:

Each time I come to the community, I log in. It shows my name as being online, but I can't get at pm's or use the "view posts since last visit" function until I log in for a 2nd time. Of course, then that function doesn't work, because I just logged in twice in the space of 30 seconds or so, and there's been no posts in that time.
shung421

Post by shung421 »

I have had the exact same problem...but it seems to only happen with my Firefox browser for the past couple weeks. If I use IE or Maxthon, it seems to work fine.
yeppie
Site Admin

>

Post by yeppie »

The installation of some new functions into the forum software had a few side effects. One was the described misfunction of bbcode. I did not find the time to get this working again, that´s why you see [quote] ... [/quote] instead of a normal quote.

Another side effect showed when logging in. Yes, you have/had to login twice, with the result that no new postings were/are marked. I´m pretty sure that this is ok again, at least for me it works fine now.

As this had to do with a changed cookie-naming, you might have to delete the cookie for yeppie.org from your computer (or all cookies - on german windows you find that function here: Extras -> Internetoptionen -> Browserverlauf löschen -> Cookies, Temp. Internetdateien, Verlauf).

Please someone let me know if the usual login procedure is working again.

yeppie
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

btw. the cookie name for this community is "phpbb2mysql".
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

Well I logged in at the first attempt once the cookies were cleared. So in theory, if I check in a while this post should be marked. Here's hoping...
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

This is weird. Each time I clear cookies, the login works fine, but only once. After that, it reverts to the behaviour I described in the post that started the thread... so new posts still don't get marked.
Thats using IE7 by the way for my sins... won't be long until I have my own computer again so I'll be back on the firefox wagon.
shung421

Post by shung421 »

It worked for me today...with Firefox!
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

it gets totally confusing for me.
when i wrote my first reply to this topic, it worked. yesterday it didn´t, i had the sc0tt-uk desease (login twice). today it worked. i did not clear cookies in between nor did i do anything else that could explain the difference.
and i´m a convinced ie7 user.
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

I now have a cyber-desease currently infecting a small colony of perves in a distant webland named after me! :o
shung421

Post by shung421 »

It just did it to me again too. And like yeppie, I haven't deleted or changed cookie settings since last time.
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

Just to add to the chaos, login went smoothly for me this time. So, strange as it may seem, currently I'm not infected with my own desease.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Any prescription against that desease, Dr. Sc0tt?
I had the loginfluenza again today. But at least the new threads labelling was still there.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Login seems to work without problems, finally, at least it does for me. Please see this message:
http://www.yeppie.org/ssl-forum/viewtopic.php?t=692

Should you still have trouble with login (the need to login twice or no automatic login although you checked the "remember me" box) after you followed the instructions in the above message, please let me know.

Thanks
yeppie